Are Unpaid Invoices Hurting Your Cash Flow?
We teach you how to use the courts to get the money owed flowing in.
Prepared and delivered by a specialist and experienced litigation solicitor.
Brought to you online and instantly.
- All our courses are available to view online, instantly. You can view them on your computer or other device such as a tablet.
- We make each course available to 60 days, as often as you need. We can extend this without cost if you wish.
- The pricing is set out below and a discount is provided if you buy all three courses now.
All 3 CoursesBuy access to all the courses now & save £100
- All three courses for a bundled price
- Email support to any reasonable queries
- Available online and instantly
- View on your computer or device
- Available to view for a calendar year
Issuing a ClaimPre-action steps & how to commence a claim
- Steps to investigate the debtor before going to court
- Preparing the letter of claim and protocol
- The essentials to include in the the claim form
- How to set the claim out and improve your chances
- Where and how to send the papers to court
- How to obtain a CCJ if the claim is undefended
Enforcing a CCJHow to obtain payment if a CCJ remains unpaid
- Instructing the bailiff or high court sheriff
- Obtaining attachment of earnings
- Placing a charging order against property
- Obtaining a third party debt order
- Obtaining an order for questioning
- An overview of insolvency proceedings
Defended ClaimHandling defended small claims (under £10,000)
- What to do in response to a defence
- Completing the directions questionnaire
- Offers and small claims mediation
- Preparing documents and witness statements for trial
- Preparation for and conducting the trial
- Common problems and issues that may arise
Comparisons To Solicitors And Debt Recovery Agents
Below are the comparable costs for recovering a debt of £4,500. Remember these are the costs you will incur for each debt. Our courses teach you to recover debts over and over again.
Typical Solicitor Debt Recovery Charges
(Based on the typical charges of Thomas Higgins, one of the market leaders)
- Letter of claim £3.00 plus VAT
- Issuing a claim at court £150.00 plus VAT
- Requesting judgment in default £42.00 plus VAT
- Total cost to obtain a CCJ against the debtor: £234 inc VAT
The judgment then needs to be enforced if the debtor fails to pay. Enforcement options include:
- Instruct Sheriff £51.75 plus VAT
- Charging order £110.00 plus VAT
- Third party debt order £150.00 plus VAT
- Attachment of earnings £100.00 plus VAT
- Order for questioning £75.00 plus
Debt Recovery Agents
Generally, a commission will be charged on successful recoveries, in the region of 10% plus VAT. Recovering a debt of £4,500, would therefore result in a deduction of £540 (£450 plus VAT at 20%).