Course One - Obtaining A CCJ For Undisputed Debts
If someone owes you money, what can you do if they fail to pay? To force a debtor to pay, you need the legal authority to enforce and the first step is obtaining a CCJ. A CCJ is an order by a Judge compelling the debtor to pay the sum specified.
If the debtor still doesn’t pay, you can then take steps to enforce it (for enforcement see course 2).
The process of obtaining a CCJ can be daunting if you haven’t used the courts before but we teach you all you need to know, step by step, from sending the initial letter of claim, to filing the documents at court to getting the CCJ from the court.
This is the core of what you need to know to bring debt claims in the County Court. We cover:
- Pre-issue steps (letter of claim, debtor searches)
- Completing a claim form
- Issuing a claim at court (both on paper and online)
- Obtaining judgment in default
- Dealing with admissions and part admissions
- Dealing with instalment orders
Course Price £150
Our Courses And Materials
We offer three courses to get your claims from start to finish. By the end of the three courses you will be able to deal with both straight forward undisputed claims and defended small claims.
When you buy access to an online course you will receive immediate access to:
- Our video available to watch at your own pace and as often as you like for a year from purchase. We know you are busy and we teach you what you need to know. We don’t put content in our videos as filler.
- Example content for you to use in the forms and documents you will need to complete. You will need to amend the documents to fit the details of your case but the content is an invaluable starting point.
- A concise sheet containing links to all the rules and forms you will need.
Access to the materials is for a full year.